Hi girls,
Before I get into this review I'll start
by giving you a bit of background on my skin. I have pretty problematic skin,
once a month I get a severe outbreak of spots mostly around my jaw area (thank
you hormones!) and on the forehead. The rest of the month I get a spot here and
there but nothing major. My biggest problem is scarring, when my skin was
really bad I'd have multiple clusters of spots and whiteheads(yuck I know) on
my forehead and chin and out of frustration I would pick and poke at them which
has now left me with lots of red marks. I find that even when my skin is clear
these red marks still make me look spotty which is why I rarely ever go
anywhere without a bit of foundation or concealer, I am getting braver though!
So onto the review,
Vichy Dermablend is a highly pigmented
foundation that is aimed at problem skin which is what attracted me to it, that
and watching Lisa Eldridge's video on Acne/Blemish Covering Make-up.
At £15.50
for 35ml of product this is a bit on the pricey side, a bit more than high
street brands but still a lot less than your high end brands and personally I
think it is completely worth the price! I have been using this foundation for a
long time now and love it!! It completely covers all my sins and more impressively
it removes my need for concealer which is great as one less step means that
tiny bit longer in bed in the morning :)
When my skin is at its best I need one light layer of this and when I
say light I mean it, you need a tiny bit of product as it is so highly
pigmented a little definitely goes a long way with this foundation, so even though it is on the more expensive side you will definitely get your moneys worth out of this foundation. I apply
the majority of the product to the centre of my face and blend out, adding a
little extra to my jaw line as this is often a problem area for me. To apply I use my Real Techniques Buffing brush. Once I have
given that time to settle into my skin I take the tiniest amount and go back in
and spot conceal anything that needs a bit more coverage. A bit of powder and
I'm ready to go!
Whenever my skin is acting up I usually apply one light layer, let it
settle and then go back and add a second light layer concentrating on the
problem areas, once again a bit of powder and I'm all set to move on to the
rest of my make-up steps.
(Wearing just the foundation in the colour nude 25, mascarra and my eyebrows have been filled in)
After over 2 months of using this foundation I can safely say it has not
once broke me out or caused any irritation, it has a spf of 15 which is another
plus for the summer months and I have not noticed any white cast in pictures
normally associated with products with spf in them.
There are only 2 downsides
to this foundation, the first is there is not a large range of colours so
finding one to match perfectly may be a problem however buying 2 and mixing is
always a good solution to that problem, the second is the smell, it has a
pretty strong smell but this is only when applying it so don't let that put you
off!
So as you can see I love this product and would highly recommend it to
anyone with problem skin or anyone who prefers a full coverage foundation! Can be bought at any Boots store for £15.50.
Hope this was helpful :)
x
No comments:
Post a Comment